Monday, August 15, 2011

Economy in desperate need of small business

Getting great service is rare in an economy in desperate need of small business.  I just got an oil change at a local tire center ( Boulevard Tire Center ) and have to say I''m very happy with the service I got.  A strong contrast to another local tire chain whom I won't name directly but has "kingdom" in the name.  Today I was in and out in less than 1/2 an hour, they charged what they said they would , which was a great deal for semi-synthetic oil, and also rotated the tires for free although that was in the agreement when I bought the tires there.  The most important part of the experience was no hassle.  The man at the counter was friendly and I was not given a sales speil or forced to listen to what may or may not be wrong with my car and/or why I should spend extra money I did not plan on spending today.

Of course not all large business chains are bad.  We need these businesses.  But small business is the American Dream.  At the other place I was sold a plan for front end alignment, which was forced on me in order to get the buy 3 get 1 free deal, and ended up not being a deal at all.  Upon returning, to the other place, my tires were rotated but they refused to do the alignment because I was told that "the tie rods needed to be replaced or the alighnment would not stay", even though I had already paid for it and I was in the waiting room for for over one and a half hours just for tire rotation.   I strongly recomend Boulevard Tire Center ( and businesses alike) as small businesses are closing and we need these businesses in a nation of uncaring large business chains.

No comments:

Post a Comment